The Leadership Development Program will take place from October 5-8, 2012 in Washington, DC and May 24-27, 2013 in Los Angeles, CA.
This transformative program aims to create an atmosphere in which participants can explore their unique leadership potential and set goals for their future. Through a team of trainers, speakers, and supportive mentors, the program seeks to maximize personal potential while making positive, community-based social change possible. Simultaneously, participants will form a cooperative network of young leaders and forge meaningful bonds. The program will provoke passion, impart real skills, and establish a network of emerging Sikh American leaders.
· Develop a clear understanding of their unique leadership profile
· Create a personal mission statement
· Develop new skills in public speaking, goal-setting, and peer education
· Increase awareness of personal culture and identity
Participants will be chosen based on an application process. The application deadline is August 19, 2012. To ensure a program that effectively caters to participants’ needs, seats are limited.
· Be 18 – 27 years of age
· Reside in the United States
· Be willing to take part in a challenging, experiential, and transformative weekend
· Demonstrate a commitment to being an agent of change
· Complete and submit application form by August 19, 2012 @ 11:59PM EST
The Application Period is Now Closed
For Part I, participants will need to arrive in Washington, DC on Friday, October 5 before 5:00 PM and leave no earlier than 3:00 PM on Monday, October 8. All participants will stay at the Grand Hyatt in Washington, DC for the duration of the program.
For Part II, participants will need to arrive in Los Angeles, CA on Friday, May 24 before 5:00 PM and leave no earlier than 3:00 PM on Monday, May 27. All participants will stay at the Radisson (University of Southern California Campus) for the duration of the program.
Further information about travel and accommodations will be provided to participants.