- Self-identify as Sikhs
- Are 18 – 27 years of age
- Reside in the United States
- Submit a complete application prior to the deadline
- Demonstrate their commitment to being agents of change in their essay responses
- Submit a polished resume
Participants will be chosen based on an application process that includes a video interview lasting up to an hour. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applications for the 2017 #LDP6 cohort are now open. Please visit this link to Jotform to start the application today!
Before applying, please be sure you can commit to the following:
- Participate in both parts of the program: February 17-20 in Los Angeles, CA and October 6-9, 2017 in Washington D.C. No Exceptions.
- Complete all assigned reading prior to traveling for the weekend convenings.
- Complete a Community Leadership Project during the duration of the program– this project will be discussed during the first convening Weekend convening and technical assistance will be provided as necessary by SALDEF staff.
- Participate in two video check-ins between the weekend convenings.
If you have questions regarding the commitment required by the program, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] Please provide your phone number when contacting us by email.
The application period for the Class of 2017 is now open. Applicants will be contacted for interviews and final decisions will be made approximately one week following the January 9, 2017 application deadline.