The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a two-part program designed to inspire, train, and support a diverse, motivated, and entrepreneurial group of young Sikh leaders as they prepare for a lifetime of community engagement and leadership.
The program brings together approximately 15 young Sikh American leaders from across the country to participate in six days of training spread over two holiday weekends (Columbus Day and Memorial Day). Attendees participate in a series of challenging workshops, group activities and discussions to promote personal development, build leadership skills and gain community empowerment skills.
The purpose of this transformational program is to empower Sikh American youth in becoming effective leaders committed to exploring and realizing both their personal potential and that of the Sikh American community.
- Create a personal mission statement
- Develop new skills in public speaking, goal-setting, and peer education
- Increase awareness of personal culture and identity
- Develop a clear understanding of their unique leadership profile
- Build skills to increase community empowerment
Learn more here.